March 23, 2021
Whole Number 10
PERSONS NAMED SPARKS IN THE ROLLS OF PEOPLE LEAVING LONDON
Miss Joy Sparks of Ashland, Kentucky, has supplied the following valuable data on early Sparks emigrants to America from the port of London. Miss Sparks's cousin, Colonel Harold Sparks, is stationed in London; his wife copied these records upon the request of Joy Sparks.
1. Edward Sparks departed April, 1635, servant of Tho. Page.
2. George Sparke, listed as living at the plantation against James Cittie, Va. on February 16, 1623. (James Cittie was doubtless intended for Jamestown.)
3. James Sparks departed from the port of London for Virginia on July 24, 1635.
4. John Sparks died at Elizabeth Cittie [Virginia] between April last and February
5. John Sparks, servant, came [to Virginia] in 1621.
6. Madame Joye Sparks lived in Barbados, Parish of St. James, on December 20, 1679. She had 12 servants, 113 acres and 150 Negroes.
7. Samuel Sparks sailed for Boston May 20, 1679.
8. Thomas Sparke owned Land in Sommer Islands (Bermuda) in 1673.
9. Thomas Sparkes, age 24, sailed in the Susan, 1616.