Whole Number 76
Mrs. Grace E. White, 153 South Osceola St., Denver, Colorado (80219) is seeking information regarding the husband and family of Frances London, born September 29, 1825, in Rutherford County, North Carolina, died in Cleveland County, North Carolina, in 1850. It is known that Frances London married FNU SPARKS, but no information has been found regarding his first name, his family, nor their children. Frances London was a daughter of Henry London who was born ca. 1777 in Virginia; he was married in 1802 in Mecklenburg County, Virginia, to Mary Elam, born ca. 1780, probably a daughter of Edward Elazn. Henry London served in the War of 1812 from North Carolina. All of the children of Henry and Mary (Elain) London were born in Rutherford County, North Carolina. Their names were:
(1) Edward London (Ned), born April 3, 1803; m. Mary Peeler, 1820.
(2) John London, born October 12, 1804; m. Elizabeth Peeler, 1825.
(3) Susanny London, (Sooky), born September 6, 1806; m. Abner Comwell, 1826.
(4) Elizabeth London, born August 19, 1810; m. David Peeler.
(5) Lucy London, born July 6, 1810; m. Spangler.
(6) Chandler London, born September 21, 1812.
(7) Henry London, born September 3, 1814.
(8) Martha London (Polly), born September 13, 1816; m. Albert Weathers.
(9) James London, born January 2, 1821; m. Maria J. Bennett.
(10) Frances London, born September 29, 1825; m. - - - - -Sparks.
(11) Nancy Emmeline London, born July 15, 1833; m. Samuel Paterson.