Whole Number 63
by Russell E. Bidlack
Mrs. Edward B. Johnson of Tacoma, Washington (98498) is searching for the parentage and other family records of her great-grandmother, ABBIE SPARKS CRISMAN. Mrs. Johnson knows that Abbie Sparks was born in New York in 1848 or 1849, on either January 21 or December 21. She married John Crisman, who was born in Pennsylvania in 1841 or 1842.
Abbie Sparks Crisman lived in a rural farm home eight miles east and five miles north of Holyoke, Colorado (Philips County), from 1889 to ca. 1896. She later lived in Greeley, Colorado, and possibly in Amherst, Colorado. She had six children:
(1) Ed Crisman, who was living in Greeley, Colorado, between 1925 and 1931 and died (there ?) ca. 1960.
(2) Mae (Crisman) Scruggs lived in St. Louis, Missouri, until ca. 1955. She married Mahlon Zachow and died in Tacoma, Washington, in 1958.
(3) Lois Love (Crisman) Colburn, born November 18, 1896, was Mrs. Johnson's grandmother. She died in Tacoma, Washington, in December, 1965.
(4) Daughter, name unknown.
(5) Son or daughter, name unknown.
(6) Son or daughter, name unknown.